In his presidential campaign launch speech, Donald Trump said, “When Mexico sends their people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people with lots of problems. And they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re rapists. And some I assume are good people.”
Donald Trump wants to make America great again! And he knows that the only way to make America great again is by keeping out the immigrants who are not the best. America needs to deport immigrants who cannot pass U.S. citizenship tests, who don’t know English, who are a drain on our social services, and take jobs away from Americans.
But why stop there? Why just deport immigrants who are not the best? Anyone not making America great should be deported for those same reasons!
First, per Trump’s assertions, immigrants must be able to pass a citizenship test to stay in America.
- One of the hallmarks of immigrants becoming proud Americans is being able to pass a citizenship test. If they cannot, they’re not “the best”.
- Unfortunately, a recent study found that one out of three U.S. citizens fail the civics portion of the immigrant naturalization test (http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2012/04/30/study-one-in-three-americans-fails-naturalization-civics-test).
These unpatriotic Americans should be deported immediately!
Second, immigrants in the U.S. need to know Engrish…Eglish…AMERICAN!
- Immigrants who do not know English should not be allowed to stay in the U.S.
- Unfortunately, a study found that almost one in four adult Americans (44 million adults) are functionally illiterate (https://nces.ed.gov/pubs93/93275.pdf). Now since twenty-five percent the people in that group were immigrants (and Trump would have deported them already), that still leaves 33 million adult Americans who are more likely to be involved in criminal and drug activity because of illiteracy (http://www.begintoread.com/research/literacystatistics.html).
These potential criminals are a threat to America and need to be deported immediately!
Third, immigrants are a drain on our social services and economy.
- Immigrants require food, education, and health care…all of which cost American taxpayers money. Anyone in our country that is a drain on taxpayers is not making America great and should be removed immediately.
- Unfortunately, another study found that nearly 110 million Americans (one-third of Americans) are receiving government assistance from welfare programs like SSI, food stamps, and housing assistance (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/29/census-figures-show-more-than-one-third-americans-receiving-welfare-benefits/).
These lazy bloodsuckers are bringing America down and must be deported immediately!
Finally, immigrants take away jobs from hardworking Americans!
- Anyone stealing jobs from Americans is essentially stealing food off American tables, and they must be deported immediately.
- It was recently highlighted that most of Donald Trump’s clothing collection and items sold in the Trump Store in New York are manufactured in China (http://abcnews.go.com/Business/donald-trump-sells-chinese-goods-accusing-china-stealing/story?id=31826791).
By manufacturing goods in China, Trump is taking away jobs from Americans!
If Trump wants to make America great again, then by his logic, the U.S. must deport those who are not the best. It must get rid of people who cannot pass a citizenship test, who are illiterate, who depend on government welfare and those people who are taking away American jobs.
If Trump is right…he needs to be deported immediately.
Joel Varner has served in ministry for the past 15 years. He is a pastor in Albany, Oregon equipping and training missional community leaders. Joel works with his wife Brenna, of 13 years, and their two daughters. You can find him on Facebook.